Monday, May 26, 2008

Nostalgia

Staring at a photo, brought back memories of an incident from the past
Memories almost forgotten, glad that I didn't, bittersweet tho it may be
Happened across the sea, in a city I visited for the very first time

In the middle of the night, hand in hand we walked
Down the corridors built in the time of the British, a time oh so long ago
Reinforcing the perception that almost everyone had
So as to deceive our brothers from across the Strait
Doubtful we were though, that it would actually work
But the deed was carried out, without further thought
Saw it as casual fun, and so it was

But was it as simple as that?
Or did we had other intentions?
I don't know about you
But you can say I did
Though the feelings that made me clasped your hand
Weren't fully formulated yet at the time
They were just starting to grow
In a place deep down in my heart

It must be Fate herself
Playing games with me
Foreshadowing how I was going to feel about you
With that simple gesture

And now the games that Fate plays
Has Nostalgia joining in
That sense of longing
For the past and the simpler times
For the time when I held your hand
When I had high hopes for us
And the painful truth had yet to surface
Proof that Ignorance is bliss
And the truth hurts

It's amusing
How I didn't fully appreciate it when we locked hands
When the feelings were finally developed
And I knew how to appreciate it
I wished for the opportunity again
Only to find that there probably won't be a second time

It's like listening to music today
Without knowing it's the last time you do
Because tomorrow you're becoming stone deaf
Life has a wicked sense of humour

Did I play a part in my downfall?
Did I jump the gun?
Did it come out too early, the words that I spoken?
Or was it all irrelevant
And we just weren't meant to be?

I guess we'll never know
As what's done is done, and we cannot reverse Time
And as Time marches on
All that's left are memories
And bittersweet Nostalgia

-------------------

Vague is the person but in the archives lie clues to the method to reveal the identity
And remember the fact that
Naturally, history tends to repeat itself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home