Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here We Go Again

Wheee...here we fuckin' go again. Thought things would start anew in Penang, but I've continued where I left off in Kuching. Same old, same old. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Different environment, different people, same old problem.

The more I see, the more I want..and the more I'm reminded of the fact that I can't get what I want. At least not now, if not never. Signs aren't looking good. Oh, what the fuck am I talking about? I think I should be saying no, no go (I think. Shit, I don't know). But hope has got me saying hey, ho, let's go. That's what's killing me. The uncertainty of it all. I guess that's what I was touching about in the previous post. Hope sometimes leads us astray. It makes us say go when we should be saying no. False hope.

We don't always get what we want. Life's like that, for good or for worse. Right now, it seems the latter for me. Or maybe I'm not being far-sighted enough. I'm like that sometimes (ok, maybe most of the time), live for the moment, questions come later.

Seems like the best piece of advice I can give myself right now is to hope for the best, but expect nothing. I've said that before, and I'll say it again. It's a saying that can be best applied to almost every situation in life.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst/nothing.

As mentioned before, it's from the lyrics of the song 'Forever Young'. Gem of a song.

The mind is giving sound advice. Problem is, the heart and the mind don't always see eye to eye. The mind is like the parent and the heart is the rebellious wild child. The mind exercises logic but the heart just seems to say 'Screw this shit, I'm doing what I feel like doing'. It's a battle of the heart versus mind. Impulse versus logic. And when the mind wins, it's when you've learnt how to control your emotions.

6 Comments:

At Thu Jul 24, 07:16:00 PM, Blogger yomi said...

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst/nothing."

the later part reminds me of me. you were against that part eons ago le. you said i am a miserable person to always prepare myself for the worst...

 
At Tue Jul 29, 02:26:00 AM, Blogger mental.tsunami said...

I still remember that.

If I'm wrong do correct me, but as I remember it, you were practicing the latter part without practicing the former.

It seemed to me at that time that you were only expecting the worst but without actually hoping for anything positive which in my opinion is really pessimistic.

Hoping while expecting nothing is different from just expecting nothing.

 
At Thu Jul 31, 07:36:00 PM, Blogger yomi said...

the way i was thinking back then and technically still at this time is that,

-Hope for best to happen but always be prepared for the worst possible outcome-

 
At Fri Aug 01, 01:46:00 AM, Blogger mental.tsunami said...

Ok then..but I do think you're much more optimistic now compared to when I first knew you.

 
At Wed Aug 06, 04:11:00 PM, Blogger yomi said...

really? that's good. =) cause i try not think that much anymore or worry too much. it makes me grow old faster. =P

hope you're doing fine in penang.
i met your mum shopping alone at tun jugah last week. she looks well to me. =)

let me know when you're back yea?

 
At Sat Aug 09, 12:54:00 AM, Blogger mental.tsunami said...

Haha..yep. Think happy thoughts! =P

I'm doing fine in Penang, thank you.
Really? That's good to hear.

I'll be back next Fri night until the following Fri. 15/8 to 22/8.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home