Thursday, June 26, 2008

Meh

The world is round. We have 24 hours in a day. Petrol prices are going up. George W. Bush is a cunt. St. Jo won the state level marching band competition. What's new?

Well done St. Jo. No, really, well done to you guys. I'm so chuffed to bits, I'm going out on a limb here to post a video of me applauding you guys. Anything for you guys.



Oh! By the way, it probably won't matter, but I like to call that my Clap de la Sarcastic.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm Josephian to the core and I'm proud of it but one thing I'm not proud of is the school band. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Not all of them are like that, I know some band members, I have friends in band and they're really nice people. But the majority of the band members have ego problems. Superiority complex. Elitist issues. And in school, they take priority over everything. And I mean everything. It's so unfair that if the UN Human Rights Council did a investigation, our school band will be on trial right now. You get the point. They're untouchable.

Maybe it's not even the majority of the band. Maybe it's just a minority. But you know what they say, a few rotten apples spoil the basket. Or something to that effect.

What I do know is that the root of the problem lies with those in charge of the band. The school authorities. The people calling the shots in band. Again, not all of them I'd say, but a few is more than enough. They were the ones who made the band untouchable and with that comes the elitist and superiority complex.

I have a love-hate relationship with the band..mostly hate though. On one hand, they're making the school proud but on the other hand, they're real arses, for lack of a better word. I don't know whether to cheer or jeer, which makes me look like a hypocrite at times.

Anyway, about the competition. No matter how much I hate the band, if they deserve to win, then I can't say anything. They didn't deserve it though, Chung Hwa Miri deserved to. Which makes the whole thing a huge pile of bollocks.

Bollocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home