Friday, August 08, 2008

Beijing Olympics 2008


08/08/08 - 08:08 PM

(the numbers just look so nice)

Let the games begin!

First time I'm following a major sporting event outside of home and without easily accessible television. Fortunately though, my one week holiday falls in the middle of the Olympics, so I can catch some of the action in the comfort of my own home.

Managed to watch the opening ceremony with a group of friends at Khaleel, the mamak store nearby USM. Only stayed til the Chinese athletes came in, didn't catch the torch lighting ceremony. I forgot about it. =\

Mum said she recorded the ceremony for me though. Yay!

You can bet your bottom dollar that China, with their reputation for putting great emphasis on national pride, was gonna put on a great show and they didn't disappoint. It was teh awesome.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home