Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why So Serious?



Ever since The Dark Knight was announced last year, I've been eagerly anticipating the release of the movie. It's the first time (to the best of my knowledge) that I've so looked forward to watching a movie. The main reason why I'm so hyped up over it is none other than the gleefully maniacal villain of the movie, The Joker.

He's one of those few villains that are truly scary. Being evil is one thing, but being evil without any logic or purpose is truly terrifying. When facing a villain, we can take some comfort in that we can understand why he's doing what he's doing and try to predict his next move. The Joker though, is unpredictable in every way and seems to create chaos and disorder just for the sake of it all, and he does it with his own brand of twisted humour. He's someone that can really entertain in the movies, but not someone I'd like to meet in real life.

Heath Ledger's portrayal as the Joker really surprised me. I didn't really paid attention to him before, but his role as the Joker really made me sit up and notice just how good he is. It's just too bad that he's gone.

Anyways, if tickets are available, I'll be catching the Dark Knight tonight at Queensbay Mall. Yay! Such a bonus that I'll be catching the movie in a top class cinema, unlike dingy Star Cineplex back in Kuching.

To end my post, here's a couple of movie stills that'll cheer you up. Let's put a smile on that face!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home