Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Miri

Flying off to Miri later at 12:30pm, accompanying my dad and my boss (yeah, I've been working at my dad's friend's law firm since Feb 29, for exposure) there for a court case. It's pretty damn hard to get a flight from Kuching to Miri and back for the next few days, both MAS and AirAsia were fully booked. I heard it was because of Qing Meng.

I didn't write about my trip to Sibu. Well, Sibu is, in my opinion, a small, sleepy town and was boring like hell, and I was just there for 3 days. I can't imagine living there, I'd go nuts with boredom. Not surprising lah, Kuching is already quite boring at times, what more to say Sibu.

It's all a matter of perspective though. I assume that KL citizens would say the same thing about Kuching and if I grew up and live in Sibu, I'd get along just fine in Sibu.

Oh, and there's something I'd just like to mention about my stay in Sibu. We went to the MAS ticketing office there to sort out our flight back to Kuching, it was the FRIGGING longest wait I've ever had to endure in my life. There was only two staff working the counter, but they took like 20 minutes each to serve a customer. I don't know whether it was because of the incompetence of the staff or what, but we had to wait two hours before it was our turn. And there was like only ten people or less they had to serve first before it was our turn. If I'd known earlier, I would have gotten my number, gone and catch a movie at the cinema before coming back to do my ticket. And I think there would still be ample enough time for me to grab a drink after the movie too.

I was so bored that I started playing Sudoku on my phone, the first time I've ever played Sudoku. And I've never had much of an interest in Sudoku too. Bloody hell.

Here's a pic of that heavens-be-damned office that I took out of sheer boredom.


There was also this lady who came in, took her number and it must have been at least 20 more numbers to go before her turn, so she started rummaging through the pile of discarded numbers that some people left on the table because they couldn't afford to wait and she got the number closest to the one being served. Pretty smart. Some of the waiting customers saw her do that and started doing it themselves. Hehe..

My dad also brought me to one of the places he used to stay at when he was a kid. It was a shophouse on the highest floor. There's a karaoke now on the first floor, here's a pic of the entrance. Ghostbuster's Karaoke & Lounge. Heh.


He also told me he buried some coins next to a tree on a tiny piece of grassland opposite that shophouse when he was a kid. The tree is gone now (and with it probably the coins), in its place are some newer trees.

Anyways, I've been to Miri before once for a short while, in 2001. Can't remember much but I think it's better than Sibu. I wanna go see how the waterfront looks like now, it was still under construction last time I visited.

And oh, just got my driving license renewed on Monday. No more 'P' now, yay! Haha..feel more pro now, haha. Took the wrong road on my way up to JPJ, was halfway to Kota Samarahan before I realised I took the wrong path and turned back. Heh. Had to get my photo taken the previous night as I've run out of photos, had nearly forgotten to get it taken. Van says my photo looks like a police mugshot..ahah. It's probably because of the hair.

There was one thing that didn't make sense to me. If you get your license renewed before expiry, you can only renew up to a maximum of one year. Getting your license renewed after expiry will allow you to renew up to five years. What's the difference between getting it renewed before expiry and after expiry? Make life hard only..typical Malaysian bureaucracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home