Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dreams


Dreams. They're such funny things. Don't really know what to make of them.

There are times when you dream and you realise that you're actually dreaming, but there are also times where the dream really feels like reality. I recently dreamt that something happened, something which I really wanted to happen for quite some time now, and the dream felt all too real.

So it was with great disappointment when I awoke to find out my dream was exactly what it was, a dream. It's a bittersweet feeling, to experience something you really want to happen, only to find out it was all in your mind.

"The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened."

I agree with the quote above, except that it forgets to mention the worst thing about dreams, which is when you reach that point of awareness that your dreams are actually fantasies.

Oh well, I guess I do enjoy having dreams, the good ones of course. They may just be dreams and aren't real, but at least I get to enjoy something that I really do want to happen, even though it didn't really happen and even if only for a brief moment.
As they say, all good things come to an end, and why should dreams be any different? Enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Especially dreams of things that can happen but do not seem very likely to happen in reality.

And who knows, that dream that you really hope to come true, however unlikely, might just turn into reality.

5 Comments:

At Wed May 23, 07:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just discover your blog and i love it
I,ll take the time to read it all love the pictures.

Have a great day


Thes

 
At Wed May 23, 07:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Just discovered your blog and I love it!

I'll take the time to read it all

Have a great day

Thes

 
At Thu May 24, 01:09:00 AM, Blogger mental.tsunami said...

Haha...thanks! Never thought someone would find my blog interesting.

I would read your blog if I understand French. =P

Hehe..is this a lucky omen? Tonight's the Champions League final and I have a visitor from Athens. Go Liverpool!

Anyway, happy reading and enjoy your stay. Have a nice day.

 
At Mon May 28, 04:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ok I'll try to write some in english just for you LOL But it's romantic-girlish stuff I warn you..LOL

Sorry for Liverpool :(((


PS Why would you say that you nerver thought someone would find your blog interesting?

 
At Tue May 29, 12:19:00 AM, Blogger mental.tsunami said...

Haha..you don't need to write in English just for me. Just write in whatever you feel comfortable with. It's your blog after all. Hehe.

But thanks all the same. =) And actually, I can read your blog by using Babelfish. So it's all good.

Hehe..it's alright, you win some and you lose some. Give and take. That's football and life.

Hehe..just didn't think my blog would be very interesting to the normal reader, that's all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home