Thursday, May 03, 2007

Destination: Athens


WOOHOO!! How do you like that? HAHA!! Athens, here we come!

Liverpool were the better team and deserved to win the match I'd say. Reina is the king of penalties. Tensioned filled match for me, what with Kuyt's header that hit the post and the offside goal that in my opinion, should have stood. What relief when Kuyt scored that penalty.

I don't mind who we face in the final, though I'd prefer Man Utd, our old rivals but instead we got ourselves a rematch of the 2005 final. Milan will be looking for revenge. We'll be looking to equal their record of 6 European Cups. Athens, the city of history. Let's hope we'll be making some history of our own on the 23rd May.

We won't be having the Anfield effect in Athens.
We'll be having the same amount of fans as Milan in Athens, and the Milan fans are raucous as can be, but I'm confident the Liverpool fans will make Athens as Anfield-like as possible.


20 more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home