Friday, June 16, 2006

England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

Disappointing performance by England for most of the match, though they redeemed themselves towards the end. Credits to Trinidad & Tobago, gutsy performance by them.

I would have like to see Gerrard in a more attacking role. Call me biased (as I'm a Liverpool fan and I hate Chelsea) but I think Gerrard could have done much better than Lampard in the attacking midfield role. I was thinking this even before Gerrard scored and his goal just strengthens my opinion. Gerrard, one shot, one goal. Lampard spurned a truckload of opportunities.

Lennon and Downing played well, those two injected much needed pace into the English play and they are both for the future. Owen was well below par, Rooney was much better than him despite being rushed back from injury. Rooney being available can only be nothing but good news for England. Except for the goal, Crouch turned in a subpar performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home